Monday, February 18, 2008

An Evolutionary Biologist goes to the Creation Museum

I am a graduate student in Evolution (specifically Mammal Paleontology) and I took a trip to the Creation Museum. I would like as few people as possible to actually go there and give them $20, so that is why this blog exists. Here you will find everything from within the museum (and my comments along the way). If you have any other questions, feel free to me email at EvoBioCreation [at] gmail.com.  Enjoy!

Part 1: An Introduction and the Men In White
Part 2: Room 1 and the Variation in Life

Part 3: The Grand Canyon and Paleontology

Part 4: Same Facts but Different Views… Why?

Part 5: Parts of the Bible (if you missed it) and Some Atrocities

Part 6: Human Abandonment of the Bible and Its Consequences

Part 7: The Beauty of Creation

Part 8: The Birth of Sin and All Its Consequences, From Covering to the Flood

Part 9: The Science of Noah's Flood

Part 10: The Confusion of the People's, Some Dinosaurs, and Created Cosmos





Update

4 comments:

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Great post, and one of the best online tours of this place I've seen.
Have you ever thought about what would happen if ALL science teachers in the U.S. agreed to teach Creationism?
Here's an lesson plan that might be helpful....
http://thewhitedsepulchre.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-teach-creationism.html

I honestly believe that teaching Creationism, as written in the original "inerrant and infallible" text, would do more to discredit religious fundamentalists than anything else teachers could do.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tour of the museum. It was enjoyable. Every museum that is biological "in kind" promotes evolution. If I were to able to see the origin of the inhabitants of this earth and study every living creature I would have to laugh at my inability to comprehend the complexity and majesty of life.

Anonymous said...

Hello Student,
I just happened to have a discussion about creation v evolution today at work. One said ' in every example of change (evolution) we can observe, there is always a loss or destruction of DNA, not a gain in information.' But we can't really watch evolution changes? He said that when viruses or bugs get resistant to vaccines, that the vaccine killed some strains and the rest just kept living, so really it wasnt evolution but that the remaining viruses lost some DNA, so change occurred but it wasnt forward progressive change but backward less developed change. How do you answer that? I like your pictures of the musuem.

EvolutionaryBiologist said...

I am starting a discussions blog, evobiodiscussions.blogspot.com, and your question will be the first that I answer.